The Ministry of Health, in collaboration with USAID ReLAB-HS and the World Health Organization, has begun work on a project office to implement rehabilitation reform.
“Currently, the system of rehabilitation of people with disabilities is not working at full capacity. Reform of this system is a requirement of time and an opportunity to get rid of outdated standards and approaches, because as a result of changes we will be able to comprehensively approach resource management, direct policies to restore and reduce disability, update the system of disability or functionality to determine the status of people with disabilities, etc. “, – said the Minister of Health Viktor Lyashko.
The Ministry of Health is currently working to establish an interagency working group that will shape the main priorities of the reform, as well as the reform support office itself. The Support Office will consist of experts in rehabilitation and public administration reform and will work on the implementation of the Rehabilitation Management System.
In particular, the functions of the office will be:
- analysis and development of the regulatory framework for reform;
- functional changes in the rehabilitation system, including the integration of disparate rehabilitation systems to form a holistic system;
- development of IT tools to assess the level of functioning of the person on the basis of the IFF;
- development of a model of social support/services and the establishment of disability and its implementation;
- training of existing specialists and formation of the legal framework for the modernization of rehabilitation curricula in higher education institutions.