Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of April 22, 2020 № 341 “On measures to stabilize prices for goods of significant social significance, anti-epidemic goods“, will enter into force on Monday, May 18, 2020.
This resolution, in particular, provides for the approval of:
- list of goods of significant social significance (10 items of food);
- list of anti-epidemic products necessary to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by coronavirus SARS-CoV-2;
This list consists of 7 items of medicines, 11 items of antiseptics and disinfectants, 20 items of personal protective equipment.
- Procedure for declaring changes in retail prices for goods of significant social significance and anti-epidemic goods necessary to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
The requirement to declare a change in price is imposed only on economic entities that carry out retail trade in goods from the lists above.
The change of retail prices (including VAT) for each separate type of goods is subject to declaration, regardless of the type of its packaging (except for goods, the type of packaging of which is defined in the list of goods of significant social significance approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of April 22, 2020). 341), weight (volume) of a unit of goods, dosage, form of release, and any other features.
Declaring the change in retail prices for goods is carried out by the business entity in relation to the object (institution) of retail trade in case of increase of the retail price for goods sold by such object (institution), compared with the retail price on the date of entry into force of the Cabinet of Ministers from 22 April 2020 № 341 (18 May 2020) or with a pre-declared retail price (except in cases of a price increase due to the expiration of the discount or price reduction):
- 15 percent or more – 30 days before the application of the declared retail price, excluding the day of the declaration;
- by 10 percent or more, but less than 15 percent – 14 days before the application of the declared retail price, excluding the day of the declaration;
- 5 percent or more, but less than 10 percent – three days before the application of the declared retail price, excluding the day of declaration.
Declaring changes in retail prices for goods is carried out electronically by submitting information to the State Food and Consumer Service through its official website using a qualified electronic signature.
This information will be automatically entered free of charge into the Register of retail prices for goods, which is maintained electronically by the State Food and Consumer Service.
This resolution shall enter into force ten days after its publication and shall remain in force until the end of the quarantine established by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of March 11, 2020, № 211 “On prevention of the spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2 ”.
On the 15th of May, 2020, the State Food and Consumer Service of Ukraine published an explanation on this issue, in which it provided answers to typical questions, however, in this publication, the State Tax Service did not mention anything about medical devices.
An explanation is available at the link.
The declaration will be made on a special website of the State Tax Service, which will be operational from 18.05.2020 https://price.consumer.gov.ua/.
The price register will be available at the link.